Practical HR Insights for Small Busines
We know managing people and a growing business can be daunting and often stressful. A small employment-related hiccup or bad hire can be costly and stressful. Hiring without a strategy wastes valuable time – not forgetting reputation, clients, culture and the broader team. But, get it right and you’ll strengthen the capability of your business. Find, manage and retain the right people for your team and you’ll feel supported and free to focus on what you do best as a business owner.
This Workshop takes the stress and mystery out of understanding HR principles and the hiring process by sharing the insight and techniques we’ve gained from our experience working in small business human resources and managing people.
We’re stripping out the noise and delivering you a jam-packed 2-hour workshop in person where you’ll learn how to:
- Define an actionable job description, focusing on skills not just personality type.
- Apply your business values as a foundation to hiring and understand why this is crucial for the long term.
- Create a compelling job ad that grabs the attention of the right people.
- Be resourceful and tap into industry, educational and professional networks to find talent – sometimes you need to think inside and outside the box!
- Prevent poor performance and manage people if things aren’t going so well.
- Pre-screen and interview effectively using simple techniques that help you shortlist and recognise “the right fit”
- Sort the wheat from the chaff with effective reference checks.
- Identify the “best” candidate for the job.
- Formalise an employment offer and secure your candidate.
- Develop an on-boarding and training plan to set your new employee up for success!
Jam-packed, indeed! Why are we sharing so many insights?
We’re a small business, and we’re for small business. We just know cash flow and time are two of the biggest concerns for small business owners.
In today’s market, we believe every business owner should have the opportunity to learn how to manage their HR and hire effectively – Fair Work legislation is all too often far from fair to employers!
We’re offering this workshop so you can gain insights into managing your own HR and business needs and were committed to supporting the small business community.
What else is in it for me if I attend?
You’ll walk away from the workshop with clear insights that you can apply in your business and that will get you actioning your next hire with confidence. But we’d also like to thank you for attending by offering:
- A Q&A session where we’ll give you practical help get your HR strategy rolling or spend time answering any other questions you may have.
- Coffee and morning tea provided.
- Fun factor: we hate boring workshops – this one will be fun, promise.
Alright, sounds good – sign me up!
Absolutely! Just click here and register. We look forward to meeting you.